Sodium percarbonate is a chemical, an adduct of sodium carbonate and hydrogen peroxide (a perhydrate), with formula 2Na2CO3 · 3H2O2. It is a colorless, crystalline, hygroscopic and water-soluble solid. It is used in some eco-friendly cleaning products and as a laboratory source of anhydrous hydrogen peroxide.
- Sodium percarbonate improves the performance of conventional detergents and shampoos on stubborn stains.
- It is a gentle stain remover for synthetic carpeting and upholstery fabrics.
- It is a colorless, crystalline, hygroscopic and water-soluble solid.
- It improves personal safety by eliminating the need to use harsher cleaning or stain removal products. It also eliminates the need for expensive prespotters and stain removers.
- It prolongs carpet cleaner machine life by reducing the use of harsh and corrosive products.
- It is very effective as a laundry presoak for heavily stained articles. It is colour safe.
- It brightens colours and prevents fabric from become yellowed or darkened. On wood it is effective in removing mildew stains and weathering.