- Due to its decolorizing property it is used in whitening of vegetable fibers like cotton, linen etc. and of paper pulp.
- It is used for disinfecting of Drinking water, Industrial residue and Pool cleaning.
- Chlorine can be easily converted to chloramines that also provide a strong residual and do not produce by-products.
Chlorination of water is one of the worldwide-accepted method of disinfection and purification of water to make it potable. For inexpensive, economical and timely purification of drinking water, under the various schemes of protected water supply in rural areas, Chlorine Tablets are highly effective. This is the easiest method of disinfection and purification of water.
- Chlorine provides a strong residual in the distribution system.
- Chlorine is a relatively inexpensive disinfecting agent.
- Chlorine is easy to apply.
- Chlorine is effective at low concentrations.